If You Need Cleaning Services, Call 020 3026 9670

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cleaning the Bathroom

Cleaning the bathroom and the toilet is one of the most unpleasant jobs to me. Here are some of the methods I use. I hope thy will help you in fighting the dirt.

1. A bit of chlorine bleach in the toilet and a good scrub with the brush. I use a combo of 50% window cleaner and 50% rubbing alcohol (mixed in a spray bottle) and a microfiber cloth to clean all the flat surfaces (do the toilet outsides, lid and seat last). The rubbing alcohol kills the germs and the window cleaner takes hair spray and such off well. The microfiber cloth wipes better than any paper towel or sponge. Send that off to the laundry when you're done.

2. I do keep a bottle of spray tub/shower cleaner and a sponge in the shower. Right now I'm using one of the green source products and really like it. It works, smells nice and doesn't overpower you with fumes.

3. I don't bother with rubber gloves unless I'm dealing with something caustic like oven cleaner. I just wash my hands well when I'm done and make sure I don't put my hands near my face until I do so.

4. I don't buy a lot of specialized cleaners. They are expensive and take up a lot of room to store. The same window cleaner & rubbing alcohol mixture gets used on kitchen appliances and counters and cupboards. I use microfiber cloths either dry or slightly damp to dust with; no more expensive, disposable dusters. I even use them to do windows; no more streaks and no expensive paper towels. Paper towels are used only for gross messes like kitty barf or for draining fried foods. A roll lasts us over a month. For anything greasy, I use Simple Green. I even shampoo carpets with it. Barkeeper's Friend is great on metals like stainless steel, takes burned on things off the ceramic cook top without scratching and can still clean/polish a sink or a tub. It's cheap and no hazardous chemicals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment